Created: Sunday, 12 April 2015 22:19
As a consumer, you have the following rights and you must insist on them:
- The right to Satisfaction of Basic Needs Access to basic goods and services necessary for survival, such as food, water, energy, clothung, shelter, health-care, education and sanitation. Goods and services must meet the standard of quality promised such that there is value for money in the purchase.
- The Right to Safety Protection from hazardous products, production processes and services.
- Thee Right to Information Provision of information enabling informed consumer choice as well as protection from misleading or inaccurate advertising and labeling.
- The Right to Choose Access to variety of quality products and services at competitive prices.
- The Right to Redress Compensation for misrepresentation, shoddy goods and unsatisfactory public and private services, including the right to adequate legal representation
- The Right to Consumer Education Acquisition of the skills required to be an informed consumer throughout life
- The Right to Consumer Representation Advocacy of consumers’ interest and the ability to take part in the formulation of economic and other policies affecting consumers i.e. the right to be heard
- The Right to a Healthy Environment Habitation is a place that is safe for present and future generations and which will enhance the quality of their lives.